Pakistan

Sending Pakistan a tough message, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Tuesday that Indian troops were taking a “proactive stand” against the “proxy war” from across the border and “results will be visible next summer, say after six months”.
Echoing Parrikar, Army chief General Dalbir Singh said Pakistan continued to support cross-border terror networks and he had, therefore, given a “free hand to his commanders as far as retaliation is concerned”.
Singh said the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan was an “evolving situation” and likely to have an “impact in J&K” where the counter-infiltration grid would need to be strengthened.
He said 110 terrorists had been “neutralised” in the past year as against 55 the year before. “We have had the highest elimination of terrorists… Recent strikes by terrorists reflect their desperation. It also indicates that the infrastructure, camps along the LoC are intact.”
Speaking to reporters at the BJP office in Lucknow, Parrikar said: “We have neutralised 65-70 per cent of infiltration. It is due to the proactive stand of the Army. We want peace, but will remain proactive on ceasefire violations. Our stand is very clear and results will be visible next summer, say after six months.”
Declining to disclose details of steps being taken, he said: ”We have started replying. Slowly, you will see the results. Ceasefire violations have increased on the international border but decreased on the Line of Control. We have replied with more emphasis. We do not want our country’s border to remain porous.”